Applied Marine Biological Sampling Module9th Feb 2018
The Applied Marine Biological Sampling Module and CPD for graduates, researchers, observers and educators will take place from the 20th to 23rd of March 2018 off Cork on the RV Celtic Voyager.
Instruction on this accredited module is by key academic staff and researchers at GMIT, IWDG and NUI Galway with extensive track records in marine research and consultancy. Credits for AMBS 2018 are set at 5ECTS at NFQ level 9.
Places on the module are limited to 12. Module fees are €500 and applications should be submitted by the 2nd of March.
To apply and for further information please go to: http://www.smartseaschool.com/AMBS-2018
Module topics include:
- Fisheries catch, bycatch and discards
- Benthic macrofauna identification and recording
- Marine mammals Visual and acoustic survey methods
- Marine birds identification and surveying
- Sampling campaign, design, planning and implementation
- Mitigation of ecological and environmental impacts